Friday, July 17, 2009

Our little fish

This was Payton's 1st year of lessons without me in the pool with her. Her first week and a half of swim lessons was non-stop tears! She was terrified about putting her face in the water, and did NOT like the cold pool. She kept saying, "I chilly!!" She's spoiled because her Papa's pool is a black bottom pool, so it's always warm! I am so happy that we stuck with it, and trust me I wanted to quit. Hearing her cry for a half hour straight was almost unbearable! The last 2 days were her best. She didn't cry at all, and did so well! Now she thinks she's a swimmer, and a little cocky, so we've got to keep an eye on her! We're doing lessons again in the beginning of August. We are so proud of her! Thank you Miss Nikki ("Miss Mickey," as Pay calls her) for being so patient! :)






6 comments:

kc said...

Crystal, I am more proud of you more than Payton for surviving the swim lessons. Listening to the panic tears would raise the "mama bear protection plan" in anyone. I am so glad you hung in there and Payton too. Glad she is getting a refresher course in August, maybe the pool water will be a tad bit more warmer for your little tadpole.

TSHAA said...

WoW! She's made a lot of progress. Thats awesome that she is swimming so well. I have Linc signed up for lessons the beginning of August. I hope we get the same results. Cute cute videos of your lil fish!

Shem the Wrench said...

too cute! luciya started lessons this week and is loving it. i'm so happy to get her comfortable with the water at an early age. payton is just too sweet!!

Kelly Burks said...

Good Job Pay Pay! What a great little swimmer. See you at the pool in Oregon for birthday fun.

Blake Family said...

She is so cute! G took lessons with Miss Nikki too. This was his second year and this year he learned to swim - yeah!!!

And Monterey...ahhhh...I miss it. It's been almost a year since we've been there. This year, we've had many more stay-cations.

Sean and Kristina Kelly said...

She looks like a little pro in her "mini diving position." SO dang cute!