
Oregon bound again! My dad had a check up at
OHSU for his tumor. They told him that it grew back again and was the size of a walnut. It had only been a year and a half since his last surgery. :( So Oct. 8th he had his 3rd brain surgery. His doctors suggested that he have radiation after this surgery, since they can't get rid of this pesky tumor. So in four weeks my dad starts radiation. I am sure he is nervous and hopeful. Please send warm thoughts and prayers in my dad's direction.
Being in Oregon, we had the pleasure of seeing some of our friends... above is Payton and Miss Lucy Jane.

Annie Jean, Payton, and Lucy

Pay, Lulu, O, and Maddie

My Dad and his kids post
surgery. He's
lookin' pretty good. :)

Payton
wasn't too sure about sitting next to Papa at first. She was very concerned about him. When he
weren't at the hospital, she was always asking about him. "Where's Papa?" "He get his tumor out?" "I show Papa the turkey birds when he get home?"


Papa explaining his
IV's to Pay. She's listening so carefully!

One bonus, this was my dad's view from his room. What a gorgeous city!

Dylan enjoying the view.

My good friend Amanda works at the hospital in their research department.
Yay! So happy we could visit.

This was her 1st time meeting Owen. :)

Soph and O waiting for the tram.

The tram. We had fun riding this up and down, up and down.


Payton looking out at the view near my dad's room.

Owen, trying to walk, using the wall for assistance.

and the shopping cart. I know it's going to be any day now.
7 comments:
we are sending prayers to your dad and hope he is healing well and on his way home if he is not already. i am sure it was nice to see your friends too even if it was not under the best circumstances.
I didn't know that about your dad. He looks really upbeat though, so that is good. I know radiation can kind of be an ordeal (my dad had it for his cancer years ago) but at least it's better than chemo. I'll remember him in my prayers.
I like all your pictures - it's fun to see Amanda Horton in your pics. High school was so long ago, it seems like a dream. Yes of course that's great you added my blog to your list. I'm adding yours too as soon as I get around to it.
Thanks soooo much for being with dad and I at this "not so fun" time. We appreciated it! And thanks to Ryan and Alex "for holding down the fort" in your absence. love you!
Definitely keeping you and your family in my prayers Crystal. Praying that this all goes well and the radiation does what it needs to do.
Very cute pictures of Owen on his birthday. looks like it was a great day for a party at the pumpkin patch! Take care!!
Your Dad looks amazing in these pics for just having surgury! We are thinking of you and praying for you all during this time!
xoxoxo
Love your pictures! My baby girl has such a toupee--so funny! :) Jim is looking fab in these pictures, hope all is well! Love to you guys!! xoxoxo
Oh, I hope everything works out for your family! I had no idea, and it must be tough being out of state. Keep us posted on how things go for him, if you can. We'll be thinking about you!
Post a Comment