Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cookies and Christmas Cheer...

I heart this time of year! Not only for the sparkle and cheer, but most important the birth of Jesus. It just brings a smile to my face! It seems that Payton also has caught the bug. She is constantly playing with my nativity scene, always asking to see baby Jesus up close in our neighbors yard scene, and I think she's watched Elf 30 times! We've been to the Christmas Stroll and the Marysville parade (photos were accidentally deleted! So sad!) It's been so cold here, in the 20s at night I was crossing my fingers for a glimpse of snow! Didn't happen. Hope we see some when we are up in Oregon for the holidays! xx (fingers crossed!) Today we headed over to my sister's for some sugar cookie decorating fun! Thanks Kel. All the kiddos had a great time. Payton's cookie name should be Princess Sprinklina. :) Alex was very proud of his cookie creations. I ate mine too quickly for any photo ops.
Addy carefully frosting

Sugar is Sophie's #1 food group, so she was slightly excited for this project.


Princess Sprinklina....



Gorgeous!



Our little elves, minus the littlest, they were nestled all snug in their beds with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads....



Yes? We're trying to enjoy our tubby time!


Payton in puppy heaven! Her Aunt Courtney got a puppy for Christmas. She's a shih tzu. I'm not sure if a name has been confirmed. When we were there she was Buttons or Pebbles. Pretty darn cute!


We supported Alex's school book fair today. Look how cute they are! They climbed right in to get warm and started reading their books when we got home.


Owen figured out today that he is fond of the tree. That is, pulling, tugging, throwing, and ramming things into it!


My professional cookie tester! Helping mom with the goodie plates. :)


There is a neighborhood off of El Margarita here in the YC that is amazing when it come to Christmas lights! We've driven by 3 times so far! Payton loved this house.




We all loved this one! Beautiful!



We marched up into the wilderness to retrieve our tree with the Burks fam. It was a lot of chilly fun! Thanks to Chris and his tree permits we ended up getting a tree. I know, we were actually thinking of not getting one since we will be in OR for Christmas. SO glad that we got one. I love the smell and the kids have really enjoy having one. Coda had a blast up in the mountains too. He came out of the brush tail a'wagging with a fresh chewed off DEER LEG! YUCK! He didn't understand why none of us wanted to play fetch with him! Kelly has photos on her blog of the leg, I think. Alex had the most perfect idea! He decorated the tree with faux snow! Every single branch! He and Pay had a blast doing it! Photo to come of the finished product.
I hope you all are enjoying this special time of year!

3 comments:

kc said...

Wonderful post! I laughed through 1/2 of it with Princess Sprinklina, tubby boys, cookie tester,faux snow decorating and a deer leg. We always knew Coda was a little crazy. Can't wait to see you all!!!!

kc said...

I love the "look" on all the kid's faces. Sugar can give us all such a "high".

Kelly Burks said...

We have been enjoying December together making lots of memories with our families. I think we should make the sugar cookie decorating a tradition. It was a lot of fun.