Ryan Michael Smith is officially 30! His birthday was Nov. 8th. I tricked him into driving my car to the gym so I could "tag" his truck with Happy 30th Birthday! He he. He really wanted to wipe off all my hard work, but I convinced him to leave it on! What a good sport. All who saw him drive through Yuba City knew it was his special day! :) That was surprise #1.
Next surprise was his new TV. He had been laying heavy hints that the TV is what he truly wanted for his birthday. I thought he might go out and get it himself, but we got it for him instead. He was pretty happy.
Surprise #3 was that his brother and I had been scheming to bring him to CA for Ryan's birthday. We told Ryan that Matt couldn't come because he had to work inventory at his work. Ryan was so disappointed, but SURPRISE he came! His great friend Lien also joined in on the surprise and came to CA too. What great friends and family. He was so grateful that they came and we were so pleased that our surprise came off flawlessly, well, except for Matthew almost missing his flight. Anyone ever had to run through the airport with your shoes in your hands??? Matt raise your hand!
We went to PF Changs for his birthday dinner on Thurs. That is where his bro and Lien surprised him. What a yummy dinner- Ryan's favorite, kung pow shrimp. sp? We had some other friends join us for the fun and food. It was a great night. Thanks Aunt Kelly for watching the kiddos.
Then the birthday party came on Sat. We had such a feast and some delicious appetizers! We were shocked and happy that 40 people were in attendance! Ryan and I are truly blessed to have such super friends and family. Thank you everyone who came and helped with such a big event- Ryan's BIG 30! We love you Ryan Michael! xoxo (all the photos couldn't fit on this page, so you have to click "older posts" to see them all. )
Monday, November 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great post - so much detail, so many pictures. Occupied me for a full 20 minutes at work. What a dream.
I feel like I missed out on a killer party....fof!
Post a Comment