Oh it's good to be back! I truly enjoy our blog. It's such a great way to reflect. So many things have gone on the past couple of weeks. Ryan had his 31st birthday on the 8th. Although, he did not celebrate his special day with his family because he was in Chicago on business. He attended the North American Wholesale Lumber Association event there. It was his 1st time to Chicago and he is now a fan of the windy city. He also got to catch a Bulls game, who he saw Lebron James dunk and was pleased! He also got to see a Bears game. Tough work, huh?
While Ryan was gone, his mom and my mom drove down to CA together to help me and my sister with the kiddos. Isn't that cute? A little Grandma road trip! Darla stayed here and my mom stayed with my sister. It was so nice to have their help. Darla, I can't say Thank YOU enough. It was so nice to shower by myself, in silence, have all my laundry done, house cleaned, adult conversation, and kids happy. Bliss.
I decided that it was time to have a girls night and called up some of my girlfriends for a fun dinner together. It was so great to just hang out with the girls. Not to mention, one of my good friends, Nicole, flew in for the weekend. It was so great to see you Nic!
Alex's soccer season has come to an end. Good-bye Irish Thunder! It wasn't a winning season, but a fun one. His soccer skills have greatly improved from last year. He has his end of the season party tomorrow night. We don't want to relive last years events. The one where we took Alex to the emergency room because his soccer team decided to play football, Alex got tackled by the biggest kid on their team, and after the ER visit, determined he had a broken collar bone. We can hope for a less eventful end of the season party this year!
We are very blessed. I think Thanksgiving this year is going to be a time to remember. With all that our country is experiencing, it makes you truly appreciate what you have that is most important: Family. Enjoy each other this holiday season! We love and miss you all! xoxo
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I enjoy your blog too! Keep on bloggin'! I miss you guys and wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Love the Grandma road trip...too cute! Happy Thanksgiving Smith Family!!!
Happy Thanksgiving Smith Family!!! I'm glad that you're back in the blog world too.
Post a Comment