Monday, February 9, 2009

Shots...




Owen Ryan Smith 18lbs 3oz 25 3/4" 90% for weight 50% for height :)
Mr. O had his shots today. I always dread this because I hate seeing my babies in pain. So I gave him Tylenol- check, brought his snugly blanket- check, gave him his Binky- check, held his little hands- check, braced myself and him for some crying- check and heard LAUGHTER on the 1st shot! What? He's laughing? The nurse and I were so shocked?! She said, "I've never had a baby laugh while giving them a shot!" Then the next shot came and there were the tears. Not too many, but no laughter that time. Isn't that wild? He laughed? So strange. The nurse said, "If he laughs at shots you've got a tough one on your hands!"
Alex was so sweet before the shots he told me that he had to go to the bathroom, then he said he really didn't have to go, he just didn't want to see his brother cry and in pain. So, Ryan took Alex and Pay outside the door so they didn't have to see the laugh/tears. Also, before the shots Alex requested that Owen got camo bandaids so he would look "cool."
I wanted to share a list of 10 reasons why we love our Owen, in no special order, there are many more reasons than 10, but I don't want to get carried away:
1. He has the sweetest little voice with some serious shrills that even scare him! He looks around like, "Where did that come from?"
2. His leg rolls.
3. His little line down the tip of his nose, just like his Daddy's.
4. His crew cut. My mom said that I had the same hair do when I was a baby.
5. His concentrated look when he's try to grab at a favorite toy, along with the grabbing grunts.
6. His satisfied look after he completely blows out his diaper and outfit.
7. His mellow little attitude.
8. He's a homebody. He gets so excited to be home after we've been out. He talks like crazy.
9. His happy squeals right before he starts to nurse. Yum. Food.
10. How he gets the giggles when you sniff at his neck.


6 comments:

Kelley, Dennis and Kaitlin Adams said...

OH my gosh Crystal, Kaitlin had her 15 month check up today and she weighs less than Owen. She was 17lbs 14 ozs. We need to fatten her up but everything we try doesn't work.

He is so cute and I love your list.

Sean and Kristina Kelly said...

Laughing? That's awesome! I guess your little Owen is going to have to teach my Kade how to laugh through all his shots! That's amazing!Oh, and I LOVE the list!!

Lazon Family said...

Owen is so adorable and what a little tough guy!! I can't believe he laughed! And what a sweet big brother Alex is! Kaden has his Synagis shots this week and I am dreading it! I weighed him yesterday and he was about 17 lbs. Right behind Owen!! I think we have some big boys on our hands! :) How are things with the thrush? Any luck with the probiotics? I love your list too!

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

What a ham you have! I can't believe he laughed! You have to remember to put that in his baby book. Great idea with the top 10 list...very creative. See you tomorrow!

kc said...

Crystal, that list is so precious! I am very happy that motherhood is enjoyable for you. Give the little "toughie" a kiss for me and the other sweeties a kiss from grandma.

The Smith Family said...

Thrush seems to be going away with the help of the probiotics! Yay! I am hoping it's going away for good! My dr said to just give them to myself 1st, and if it doesnt go away, then to Owen. Cross your fingers for us!