Tuesday, July 22, 2008

He's home!!!

Alex came home on Sunday! We are so happy to have him back. That big void we've been feeling all summer is finally gone! Thank you Kyle and Kelly who helped bring him home from the meeting point of Lake Shasta. Payton is still telling me in an inquisitive voice, "Alex home?!" Like she's not sure if he's staying, but definitely doesn't let him out of her sight. On Monday Alex started summer school. He was NOT thrilled about it. Big tears and lots of questions. He has trouble with reading comprehension, and his teacher nominated him to be apart of this literacy summer school. I figured that he shouldn't miss the opportunity especially if it will benefit his reading skills. He had a blast the 1st and 2nd day, so things are looking up! Although he still told me, "Only 8 more days Mom."

3 comments:

matt and christy said...

welcome home alex! glad to see you are smiling and relaxing and enjoying the rest of summer.
christy

TSHAA said...

Glad you have your lil man back. Madi is in her second week of summer school and is loving it. she's making fast progress too. :)

Adrienne said...

I'll bet you're glad to have him back...I'll bet it's so cute to watch him and Payton together.

Your kitten video is hillarious....moving her head with the movie...I was cracking up.